Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Joe's B-Day Recap

We had Joe's bday at Kelly park today.

We staked claim on a pavillion nearest the park enterance (but furthest from the activities/food - oh well - I didn't wanna carry my stuff that far - hehehe). We put up balloons and streamers and tried to make it look festive. Joe was pleased with my efforts - hehehe.


Our friends started showing up at 10am. By 11am, they were all there. They played on the bouncy things, played in the sand, played Star Wars games, played in the sprinklers, played cowboys and indians, and just had good kid fun. We ate lunch at 11pm, the usual for Free lunch. But with potato salad this time.

The kids were climbing the wall, so I figured it was time to start with the cake - LOL!


After lunch, we sang to Joe, he "fake blew" out his candle (no matches - nice, eh?), and they had cupcakes. I had enough that several of the kids could have 2.





Joe was SO excited to open his presents. He got a lot of fun stuff. Thanks so much, everyone! For his first b-day party with friends, I think it was a HUGE success.

Joe's present from his buddy in his primary class (sorry, they're new and I can't remember their last name...I think the mom's name is Tiffany.... Maybe - LOL)

Joe's present from Eric (Katy and Emily)

Joe's present from Ben (Sam, Luke, and Andrea)


Joe's present from the Huezo's

Joe's present from Helen


Joe's present from the Timmons (Laurie's family)



Drat, who was this from.....

Joe's present from Kim



Joe's present from Adela


AND, we did marshmallow shooters for Cub Scouts that night.

First, we finished cutting the pipe to length. You needed a 1/2 inch PVC pipe, cut into one 7" length and five 3" lengths. Then, you need 2 elbow pieces and two end caps and two tees. When you get it all assembled, you have a MIGHTY FINE marshmallow gun. Here's Brother Bird with his. (his is a little longer than everyone elses :)


Here's Andrea and Joe in the staging area.


Andrea and I


OK, not the most attractive of poses. Next time, I'm not really gonna blow. Look how nasty my cheeks look - ROFL!


OK, this was the COOLEST place I've ever seen. It was all fenced in, and had these awesome spool to hide behind. And little plywood buildings. And broken cars. And old barrels. And old tires. And an old tank. It was SO awesome. I've decided I want my backyard to look like this. My kids would never come inside. Heck, I'd play out there with him. You think I'm kidding, about the backyard. I'm serious - hehehe.





Here's Joe trying to shoot someone and then run away.


Kayley running away from Brother Bird. He found that if you lick the marshmallows first, they go farther and faster. And hurt worse - hehehe. Run, Kayley, run!!!

The Cub Scouts decided to gang up on the moms. It was Andrea and I and Kaylee against all the Cub Scouts and Brother Bird. We ran and screamed and fought back, and had a blast. I SO wanna go back and play again. Dang, it was fun!


Here's a pic of some of the group shooting at me :)


Part of the reason that we got to use the facilities for free was that we promised to pick up ALL of the marshmallows. It took longer to pick them up than it did to play in the first place - hehehe. But, with everyone working together, we got the job done. Anyone wanna come over and have a marshmallow war with me???



2 comments:

More of Mom's Special Moments said...

What a great day for everyone, especially for Joe!! Glad my card got there in time, have fun spending your BD $$. . I would have loved to have been there . not so much for the marshmellow thing. . but the cupcakes for sure!!

Basso said...

seriously! I would love that too! I would love the size! My kids would love it, as long as it wasn't 120 degrees outside!