Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Friend Ran Over Herself

So today, my friend Jane (names changed to protect her dignity) called me and wanted to tell me about her "near death" experience. She was getting ready to go to the doctor for a physical (her kids were staying at a friends), started the van, and got out to do something. Somehow, the car was not in park, and started to roll. Their driveway was on a steep pitch. Luckily, the emergency brake was on, so it didn't roll fast.

She said her first instinct was to jump in front of the car and stop it. So she did. Once there, she decided that was a bad mistake. The van knocked her down, but was slowing. It mostly went on top of her, and stopped before totally squishing her. Somehow, she was able to get out from under it, run around to the door, get in, and put on the brake.

She quickly changed clothes (pants ripped and shirt all black from grease) and drove to the doctors appointment. During the physical, they noticed her back was COVERED in bruises. Oh that, she said. I ran over myself today. Nice one, Jane!

I'm so glad she was ok. Sounds to me like she had a guardian angel watching over her today for sure! And Jane. Next time your car gets away from you.....Don't jump out in front of it!!!

No comments: