Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day 2008

I must admit, as I was standing there on the street corner, watching cars, trucks, and service vehicles drive by carrying memebers past and present of of Military, I couldn't help but get choked up. I played it off as the rain and wind, but I always get sentimental when I think about our servicemen and women. What they do for our country. What they sacrifice for us.

And now that Captain America is a part of that select group, I feel even more proud! And, I know that the kids and I are doing our silent part back home. As Eme and Joe's sign says, Daddy (or husband) deprived for YOUR freedom :)

Your welcome :)







Yes, the weather was NASTY. If you look close, you can see BIG rain drops AND hail. Nice. And, the wind was blowing at 27 mph. It would get a ticket if it was in a school zone with children present! 40mph is a F0 (tornado). I'm just saying....

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Way to go girl! Only in Florence can a parade be just a deal with our lovely weather! Thank you troops past and present..you are our heroes! ! !

Anonymous said...

hey girl. love everything on the blog. we are so proud of brent too. i know there is so much sacrifice on the part of the family too, so thank you to all of you! we love you! beth you are dang skinny girl and so pretty!